- Publisher: Pluto Press
- ISBN: 9780745330594
- Price: $37.95 CAD
- Publication Date: Feb 2011
- Rights: Canada
- Pages: 232
currently unavailable for sale
Professors/Instructors in Canada: We will provide examination copies of our books for consideration as course texts. We do reserve the right to limit examination copy requests and/or to provide books on a pre-payment or approval basis.Request Exam Copy
Subversive Politics and the online order prescription viagra Imagination
Magical Marxism demands something more of traditional Marxism–something more interesting and liberating. It asks that we imagine a Marxism that moves beyond debates about class, the role of the state and the dictatorship of the proletariat. In escaping the formalist straitjacket of orthodox Marxist critique, Merrifield argues for a reconsideration of Marxism and its potential, applying previously unexplored approaches to Marxist thinking that will reveal vital new modes of political activism and price generic viagra debate.
This book will provoke and inspire in equal measure. It gives us a Marxism for the 21st century, which offers dramatic new possibilities for political engagement.
• Introduction: The Circulation of Revolt: Real and Fictitious Marxism
1. Living an Illusion: Beyond the Reality of Realism
2. Subscribing to the Imaginary Party: Notes on a Politics of Neo-Communism
3. Spontaneous Overflow of Powerful Feeling: Activism and Immateriality
4. Militant Optimism and the Anti-Capitalist Transition
5. Macondo of the Mind: Imagination Seizes Power
6. Butterflies, Owls, and Little Gold Fishes: Conjuring up Revolutionary Magic
About the Author
Andy Merrifield is an independent scholar based in France. He is author of numerous books, including Metromarxism, Dialectical Urbanism, Guy Debord, Henri Lefebvre, and The Wisdom of Donkeys.