- Publisher: Demeter Press
- ISBN: 9781927335055
- Price: $24.95 CAD
- Publication Date: Apr 2012
- Rights: World
- Pages: 234
Professors/Instructors in Canada: We will provide examination copies of our books for consideration as course texts. We do reserve the Cialis canada online pharmacy right to limit examination copy requests and/or to provide books on Cialis online order a pre-payment or approval basis.Request Exam Copy
Conversations with Mothers of Lesbian Daughters and FTM Transgender Children
Twenty-four mothers, tweny-four stories capture the complexity of coming to Discount cialis sale terms with the loss of a daughter who has changed sex or an anticipated relationship with a daughter, now a lesbian, who lives in a different world and will lead a different life. This ground-breaking book will help other mothers as well as lesbian daughters and ftm transgender children to understand their own mothers, their changed lives, and their determination to remain connected.
1. Hannah: That child always gave me trouble.
2. Edie: What would people think of me?
3. Sara: She wasn’t going to be the nice little lesbian I hoped she would be
4. Karen: Gay was a piece of cake
5. Anna: Why would you want to be a white male?
6. Elise: She’s a guy now
7. Mariam: All those weddings. All those showers
8. Jenny: He’s gonna lose everything except his parents
9. Lisa: I miss the person he was when he was she
10. Debra: I felt helpless as a mother
11. Rina: Mom, that’s me. I am a boy. Inside I am a boy
12. Beth: I just don’t like labels
Not the Only Issue
13. Lila: I regret the kind of Levitra online mother I was
14. Fran: She took me on a ride I wasn’t prepared for
15. Naomi: Parents do leave kids on hillsides
16. Cheryl: Her lesbianism is third in line
17. Shirley: God, watch over her for me,
18. Lois: Whatever kind of relationship he wants to have, we will have
19. Eleanor: If I couldn’t be supportive, I couldn’t be around
20. Annemarie: You can’t hide a baby
21. Lillian: My child is not an abomination
22. Marie: She made me more of a person
23. Judith: I have a much happier son than I ever did a daughter
24. Martha; Just expect to see somebody that looks like your former daughter’s twin brother
About the Cialis canada online Author
Sarah F. Pearlman was selected by the American Psychological Association Society for the Psychological Study of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Issues as the recipient of the 2011 Award for Distinguished Professional Contribution. Employed for many years as an Associate Professor in the Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology at the University of Hartford, Sarah is now Associate Professor Emeritus. She lives in Boston and is Viagra Online Without a Prescription active in LGBT elder organizations.