Brunswick Books offers publishers a number of options for Sales and Distribution in Canada. We work with our publishers in many different capacities. We are able to offer services that range from full Distribution and Sales, to Sales and Marketing only, Academic Sales only and Distribution only.
Founded in 1978 under the original name, Fernwood Books, Brunswick Books has provided publisher sales representation in the Canadian book market. In this age of electronic communication, we are utilizing such resources wherever possible to represent the books of our clients to prospective buyers. Yet, we strongly believe that face-to-face communication develops the kind of relationships that give our publishers an edge in the highly competitive book market. The personal relationship our sales team has with customers is, we believe, our key strength.
- We have a national team of sales representatives divided into threeregional territories that serve the academic and trade markets for the whole of Canada
- Our sales representatives have an average of 10 years working with Brunswick Books and this low turnover enhances relationships with both bookstore buyers and professors/instructors
- Our sales representatives do on-campus visits with university and college professors and instructors to present books for course adoption.
- Academic sales representation occurs in two sales cycles every year – winter\spring and fall, as well as, through on-going communication with professors and instructors about their course book needs
- Brunswick produces an Academic Marketing Catalogue twice annually; 8000 copies of the catalogue are widely distributed to the universities and colleges in Canada
- For trade sales, our sales representatives contact a wide range of bookstores on a bi-annual sales cycle, we do have a strong focus on progressive and university campus bookstores with personal representation to these stores
- We have a fully developed sales relationship with the national chain
- We supply publishers with sales representative activity reports on a regular and timely basis
- We are constantly developing a range of electronic marketing mechanisms
In 1992, Brunswick Books added book distribution to the services offered to publishers. These services include:
- Warehousing – we will stock your books at our warehouse in Canada, and manage that inventory
- Customer service – we handle all aspects of order fulfillment, invoicing and collections
- Reporting – we provide monthly reports detailing sales activity (title, customer, specialized reports) and inventory activity
- Bibliographic Data Services – we provide regular data feeds to various title and inventory listing agencies
Brunswick Books Sales Growth
Over the past decade, sales at Brunswick Books have grown by an average of 10 percent annually. We are extremely proud of these results. More importantly, this growth attests to the advantages Brunswick Books offers to its client publishers. For some of our client publishers, sales growth has often exceeded this average.
Current Publishers working with Brunswick Books
Full Sales and Distribution
- Between the Lines
- Blue Moon Publishers
- Demeter Press
- Fernwood Publishing
- Inanna Publications
- Monthly Review Press
- New Star Books
- Pambazuka Press
- Pluto Books
- Roseway Publishing
We are certain Brunswick Books can enhance your presence in the Canadian book market. Please contact us with any questions regarding the services we offer.
Lindsay Sharpe, President
Brunswick Books Ltd.
20 Maud Street, Suite 303
Toronto, ON M5V 2M5